The November leg of the Bearskin Virtual Nordic Series has come to a close. We had a good month of racing on limited snow. In the men’s race, Quinn McCloughan took first place, followed by John Alt in second, and Tim Lederle in third. In the women’s race Olya Wright scored first place, followed by Maureen Hayes. (And no, Quinn won’t win any prizes — he’s just in there to give you a target. Beat that guy!)
The winners for each month will receive a gift certificate to Pioneer Midwest Ski Shop and a Bearskin Lodge ski hat. Everyone who entered the race will get one entry into the “end of the season” raffle and points for the overall title.
December race courses
There currently isn’t quite enough snow to open our December courses. To keep everyone’s competitive spirit high, we are opening up two bonus courses for December. There will be no prizes for these courses and they will not count towards the final standings, but they will give each participant another entry in the final raffle.
Course #1 will be a sprint around the Campground Loop including the landing, turning left. Start and end where the Beaver Dam Trail crosses the Campground Road.
Course #2 will be out and back on Summer Home, and must be skied classic. The course will start and finish at the Campground/Summer Home intersection and turn around at the end of Summer Home Road. On the return leg skiers will double back where the Logging Camp Trail crosses Summer Home, and ski the last section of Summer Home again before heading to the finish. All eligible efforts must have the word “classic” in their Strava activity.
Thanks to our generous sponsors, the Bearskin Nordic Ski Race Series has some amazing prizes. In total, there will be over $5000 worth of prizes awarded. You could end up being a winner because you skied super fast, but the race features a raffle for all entries — you don’t need to be the fastest skier to win a significant prize.
- The winner of each individual monthly race will receive a $20 gift certificate to Pioneer Midwest Ski Shop, one of our race sponsors, plus a Bearskin Lodge ski hat.
- The overall winners of the series will each receive a $500 lodging voucher for Bearskin Lodge and a pair of Alpina Pro Skate or Classic Boots.
- The winner of the “end of the season” raffle (one entry per race skied) will receive a $500 lodging voucher to Bearskin Lodge, a pair of Atomic Redster C7 Skintec skis, and a pair of Rottefella MOVE Switch bindings.
- The 2nd place raffle winner will receive a $250 lodging voucher, a Bearskin Lodge ski jacket, and a pair of Rottefella MOVE Switch bindings.
- The 3rd place raffle winner will receive a $100 lodging voucher, and a pair of Rottefella MOVE Switch bindings.
Learn more about the event and sign up at Bearskinnordicseries.wordpress.com