Lots of skiers are out on the trails. As always in December, we seem to get a little more snow daily, so it’s building nicely. Here are the latest snow measurements from the Golden Eagle snow stick.
- New Snow Last 24 hours: 1.0”
- New Snow Last 7 days: 2.0”
- Trail Base, Staked: Average 3”
- Snow in Woods, Staked: Not measured
- Groomed with classic track: 47 km
- Groomed with skate lane: 47 km
- Surface Conditions: Groomed fresh snow
- Last grooming day: 12-19-16
- Total snowfall since Nov. 1: 23.875”
Comments: To date, approximately 47km out of the 70km of trails are groomed with a skate lane and classic track. Groomed trails include Beaver Dam, Upper Ridge Run, Summer Home Road, Campground Loop, Moose Pasture, Ox Cart, Bear Cub, Red Pines, sections of Logging Camp, Deer Mouse, and Wolf Point. The remainder of the trails are still packed only, until we receive a bit more snow. What has been groomed and tracked is in good shape. There is minor stubble in some areas yet.
For the most up-to-date grooming information, as well specific trail conditions, please contact Golden Eagle Lodge(1-800-346-2203) or Bearskin Lodge (1-800-338-4170). Central Gunflint Ski Pass required.